from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Consisting of or marked by only one part or element.
- adj. Of or relating to a telecommunications system in which only one message can be sent in either direction at one time.
- n. Mathematics A Euclidean geometric spatial element having the minimum number of boundary points, such as a line segment in one-dimensional space, a triangle in two-dimensional space, or a tetrahedron in three-dimensional space.
- n. Linguistics A word that has no affixes and is not part of a compound; a simple word.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Single, simple; not complex.
- adj. unidirectional
- n. An analogue in any dimension of the triangle or tetrahedron: the convex hull of n+1 points in n-dimensional space.
- n. A simple word, one without affixes.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Simple; single: applied to telegraphy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having only one part or element
- adj. allowing communication in only one direction at a time, or in telegraphy allowing only one message over a line at a time
The vegetation is a short sparse wiry grassland dominated by Loudetia simplex, which is used as a fine thatching grass, and Monocymbium ceresiiforme.
“The simplex is a simple geometric mathematical object, an exercise in logistics, a triangle or trapezoid folded on itself,” says Aphrodite.
It is in view, probably, of this difficulty that Plato, in the Philebus, makes pleasure an element in the Term; the good is not defined as a simplex or set in Intellectual-Principle alone; while he rightly refrains from identifying the good with the pleasant, yet he does not allow
In glaucoma simplex, which is largely devoid of marked congestive periods (acute attacks), a surprisingly high degree of acuity of vision may exist with a deep excavation and pale nerve.
Yes, they have twice as much band, and can operate "simplex" on 'phone with Region 2 stations.
Pumps in this category range from "simplex" having one cylinder, to in some cases "quad" having four cylinders or more.
A '' 'simplex' '' is a form of communications in only one direction from the transmitter to the receiver.
A '' 'simplex' '' is the solution space to an [[optimization]] problem with [[linear]] restraints.
I actually carry 2 cellphones and a 5 watt VHF Amateur Transceiver, set to various frequencies for contacts through repeaters or simplex communications.
Subject: Programming Tags: GLSL, OpenGL, perlin noise, projects, simplex noise, terrain generation, water simulation Leave a Comment »