from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Slavonia, or its inhabitants.
- adj. Of or pertaining to the Slavs, or their language.
- n. A native or inhabitant of Slavonia; ethnologically, a Slav.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the Slavs, their language, literature, history, etc.; Slavic.
- Of or pertaining to Slavonia.
- n. A Slav person or language. An inhabitant of Slavonia, a district east of Croatia, with which it forms a crownland in the Hungarian or Transleithan division of the Austrian empire.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Specifically the Exe Estuary Special Protected Area (SPA) and Ramsar Site supports over 20,000 wildfowl in the winter months, including the internationally important populations of avocet Recurvirostra avosetta, dark-bellied brent goose Branta bernicla bernicla and the slavonian grebe, Podiceps auritus.