from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A gambling machine operated by inserting coins into a slot and often by pulling down on a long handle.
- n. A vending machine operated by inserting coins into a slot.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any machine operated by placing a coin or token into a slot.
- n. A gambling machine so operated; a fruit machine or one-armed bandit.
- n. A vending machine.
- n. three of a kind sevens
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- A machine the operation of which is started by dropping a coin into a slot, for delivering small articles of merchandise, showing one's weight, exhibiting pictures, throwing dice, gambling, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A machine for vending small articles of merchandise, exhibiting pictures, weighing, playing musical instruments, etc., which is either unlocked or set in motion by dropping a coin into a slot. See vending-machine.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a machine that is operated by the insertion of a coin in a slot
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.