from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The game of jackstraws.
- n. One of the straws used in playing jackstraws.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One of the straws used in the game of jackstraws (spillikins)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. See spilikin.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A long splinter of wood, bone, ivory, or the like, such as is used in playing some games, as jackstraws.
- n. pl, A game played with such pegs, pins, or splinters, as push-pin or jackstraws.
- n. A small peg used in keeping count in some games, as cribbage.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a thin strip of wood used in playing the game of jackstraws
It's so very difficult to play a game with a spillikin on one side and a sledge-hammer on the other. '