from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An early form of spinning machine having several spindles.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. an early spinning machine having multiple spools
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- an engine or machine for spinning wool or cotton, by means of a large number of spindles revolving simultaneously.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A spinning-machine, invented by James Hargreaves in 1767, which was the first to operate upon more than one thread.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an early spinning machine with multiple spindles
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.