from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Production or formation of spores.
- noun Reproduction by means of spores.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The origination of spores; spore-formation.
- noun Reproduction by means of spores. Also
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun (Biol.) Reproduction by spores.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun cytology The process by which
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
sporo- + -genesis
Help support Wordnik (and make this page ad-free) by adopting the word sporogenesis.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.