from The Century Dictionary.
- noun In Hydrozoa, a degenerate medusiform person; one of the simple generative buds or gonophores of certain hydrozoans in which the medusoid structure is not developed.
- noun In Vermes, a sporocyst or redia. See
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun A hydrozoan reproductive zooid or gonophore which does not become medusoid in form or structure. See
- noun An early or simple larval stage of trematode worms and some other invertebrates, which is capable of reproducing other germs by asexual generation; a nurse; a redia.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun botany A
hydrozoan reproductive zooidor simple form of gonophorewhich does not become medusoidin form or structure
- noun zoology An early or simple
larvalstage of trematode wormsand some other invertebrates, which is capable of reproducing other germ cells by asexualgeneration; a redia.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Help support Wordnik (and make this page ad-free) by adopting the word sporosac.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.