from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A young chicken, especially one from two to ten months old, having tender meat.
- noun Slang A young person.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A chicken for eating while it is still young.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a young person (especially a young man or boy)
- noun a young chicken having tender meat
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Help support Wordnik (and make this page ad-free) by adopting the word spring chicken.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.