from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Baseball A play in which the batter attempts to bunt so that a runner on third base may score.
- noun Informal Pressure exerted to obtain a concession or achieve a goal.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun baseball A play when the batter
buntsa runner homefrom third.
- noun poker A type of
bluffwhere a player with a weak hand reraisesa raiserand a caller.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun an aggressive attempt to compel acquiescence by the concentration or manipulation of power
- noun a baseball play in which a runner on third base tries to score as the batter bunts the pitch
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.