from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A machine that crushes ore.
- noun A building in which ore is crushed.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun In metallurgy, a crushing-mill employing stamps or pestles to crush ores or rock to powder preparatory to treatment for extracting metals.
- noun An oil-mill employing a pestle or pestles to crush seeds and fruits.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun type of mill machine that crushes material by pounding rather than grinding, either for further processing or for extraction of metallic ores
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a mill in which ore is crushed with stamps
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
stamp + mill
Sorry, no example sentences found.