from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb intransitive To maintain a safe distance from a
- verb intransitive To abstain from participation.
- verb intransitive, cricket (of a wicket-keeper) to stand a long way behind the wicket so as to catch balls from a
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- verb stand away from an object or person
- verb stay clear of, avoid
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Help support Wordnik (and make this page ad-free) by adopting the word stand back.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.