from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A tropical American evergreen tree (Chrysophyllum cainito) having smooth-skinned, green or purple fruit.
- noun The edible fruit of this tree, having a star-shaped pattern in the pulp.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The fruit of the West Indian Chrysophyllum Cainito, or the tree which produces it. The fruit is edible and pleasant, of the size of an apple, a berry in structure, having ten or eight cells, which, when cut across before maturity, give the figure of a star. Also called
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun The fruit of a tropical tree, Chrysophyllum cainito
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun evergreen tree of West Indies and Central America having edible purple fruit star-shaped in cross section and dark green leaves with golden silky undersides
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.