from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.

  • noun The art or process of mural painting with pigments mixed with water glass.

from The Century Dictionary.

  • noun A method of painting in which water-glass serves as the connecting medium between the color and its substratum.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.

  • noun A style of painting on plastered walls or stone, in which the colors are rendered permanent by sprinklings of water, in which is mixed a proportion of soluble glass (a silicate of soda).

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.

  • noun The painting of murals using pigments mixed with water glass


Sorry, no etymologies found.


Help support Wordnik (and make this page ad-free) by adopting the word stereochromy.



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.