from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun An alloy of 92.5 percent silver with copper or another metal.
- noun Objects made of this alloy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun An alloy containing not less than 92.5 percent of silver, the remainder usually being copper.
- noun Sterling-silver articles collectively.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a silver alloy with no more than 7.5% copper
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.