from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An outer or additional door added for protection against inclement weather.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A door normally leading to a cellar or a basement, for protection from a tornado or a violent storm
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. an extra outside door to prevent the entrance of wind, cold, rain, etc.; -- usually removed in summer.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An outer or additional door for protection against inclement weather: in general used temporarily, for the winter only.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an extra outer door for protection against severe weather or winter
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.