from The American HeritageĀ® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • n. A small thin rod for stirring mixed drinks.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. A small utensil used to mix or stir drinks like iced tea or cocktails.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • n. a small stick used to stir mixed drinks


1859, from swizzleĀ ("alcoholic drink"). (Wiktionary)


Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.