from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. An iron plate with slots planed in it having the section of an inverted T so as to receive bolt-heads.
  • n. A T-shaped rest, used by tinsmiths and other metal-workers.
  • n. An angle-iron having a flat flange and a web, and in section resembling the letter T. Also written tee-iron.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.