from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Casual mealtime conversation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Conversation, especially of an informal or somewhat gossipy nature, among a group seated together for a meal or other social activity.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. conversation at table, or at meals.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Familiar conversation at or around a table, as at a meal or an entertainment; what is said in the free intercourse between persons during or after meals.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. conversation during a meal
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.