from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Capable of reacting with four molecules of a monobasic acid. Used of a base.
- adjective Containing four replaceable hydrogen atoms. Used of an acid or acid salt.
- noun An acid containing four replaceable hydrogen atoms.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective (Chem.) Capable of neutralizing four molecules of a monobasic acid; having four hydrogen atoms capable of replacement ba acids or acid atoms; -- said of certain bases.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective obsolete, chemistry
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.