from The Century Dictionary.

  • noun A kind of hook used for twisting straw ropes, etc. Also thraw-crook, thraw-cruk.
  • noun A potters' wheel; a thrower or throwing-table.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.

  • noun (Agric.) An instrument used for twisting ropes out of straw.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.

  • noun An agricultural instrument for twisting ropes out of straw.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


Help support Wordnik (and make this page ad-free) by adopting the word throw-crook.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.