from The Century Dictionary.
- Of or pertaining to the thyroid and arytenoid cartilages.
- Inferior, a strong elastic band passing on either side from the angle of the thyroid cartilage to the anterior angle of the base of the arytenoid cartilage. It is covered with thin mucous membrane, and forms the true vocal cord.
- Superior, a delicate fibrous band of elastic tissue on either side, passing from the angle of the thyroid cartilage to the anterior surface of the arytenoid cartilage. It is covered with mucous membrane, and forms the so-called false vocal cord.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective (Anat.) Of or pertaining to both the thyroid and arytenoid cartilages of the larynx.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective anatomy Of or pertaining to both the
thyroidand arytenoid cartilagesof the larynx.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.