from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • n. The rearmost edge of a moving structure, such as an airfoil.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. The rearmost edge of a wing or other airfoil.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • A following edge. See advancing edge, above.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • n. the rear edge of an airfoil


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.