from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. able to be transferred
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Capable of being transferred or conveyed from one place or person to another.
- adj. Negotiable, as a note, bill of exchange, or other evidence of property, that may be conveyed from one person to another by indorsement or other writing; capable of being transferred with no loss of value.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Capable of being transferred, or conveyed from one place or person to another; specifically, capable of being legitimately passed into the possession of another, and legally conveying all appertaining rights, etc., to the new holder: as, that ticket or pass is not transferable.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. legally transferable to the ownership of another
- adj. capable of being moved or conveyed from one place to another
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Network and use the phrase transferable skills, my employment counsellor proposed.
Subsequent tax credits by the Oklahoma Tax Commission is 2004 amounted to $18 million in transferable credits.
These are often referred to as transferable skills because they can be utilised in different environments.
By waiting until early October, most of my income, investment and health info was already uploaded to the ATO or transferable from the previous year’s eTax.
But no network is going to tackle this show that puts the idea of transferable souls on a plate or hard drive platter and try to tackle it.
The whites had not bought it, and couldn't buy it; for the tribes had no chiefs, nobody in authority, nobody competent to sell and convey; and the tribes themselves had no comprehension of the idea of transferable ownership of land.
At first workers were recruited from occupations where skills were roughly analogous and transferable, that is, workshop mechanics from the iron, machine and building trades; conductors from stagecoach drivers, steamship stewards and mail boat captains; station masters from commerce and commission agencies; and clerks from government offices.
The alternative is to create a proprietary solution that is non-transferable, which is somewhat counter-intuitive for a strategy of leveraging OSS for product development.
Officials told reporters that detainees who have been identified as transferable to other countries will remain at Guantanamo until host nations can be found.
Senior administration officials told reporters that detainees who have been identified as transferable to other countries will remain at Guantanamo until host nations can be found.