from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. A horizontal frame with wires stretched across it for drying paper.
  • n. A fictional alien creature in Star Trek, a cooing ball of fur.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • n. A frame on which paper is dried.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. In paper manufacturing, a large horizontal frame in the loft or drying-room, with hairs or wires stretched across it, on which sheets of paper are hung to dry.


Probably invented for alliteration with trouble; the creatures first appeared in an episode called The Trouble with Tribbles. (Wiktionary)



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.