from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To examine and endorse (a passport, etc.); to visa.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An indorsement made on a passport by the proper authorities of certain countries on the continent of Europe, denoting that it has been examined, and that the person who bears it is permitted to proceed on his journey; a visa.
- transitive v. To examine and indorse, as a passport; to visa.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To put a visé on; examine and indorse, as a passport. Also visa.
- n. An indorsement made upon a passport or the like by the properly constituted authority, whether ambassador, consul, or police, denoting that it has been examined and found correct. Also visa.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.