from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A nymph of the forest; a dryad.
- noun Any of various tropical hummingbirds of the genus Thalurania, found in the Americas.
- noun Any of various satyrid butterflies, especially Cercyonis pegala of North America, having brownish wings with dark eyespots ringed with yellow.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A goddess of the woods; a dryad.
- noun The humming-bird Thalurania glaucopis.
- noun One of several zygænid moths, of the genus Eudryas, as E. grata, the beautiful wood-nymph, and E. unio, the pearl wood-nymph.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a deity or nymph of the woods
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.