from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An untrained military recruit.
- n. A soldier confined to a restricted area or assigned menial tasks as a punishment.
- n. Slang A convict; a prisoner.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative form of yardbird.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person serving a sentence in a jail or prison
- n. a military recruit who is assigned menial tasks
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.