from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The character of being zoömorphic; zoömorphic state or condition; representation or exhibition of animal forms as distinguished from the human form; especially, the characterization or symbolization of a god in animal form. Compare
- noun The conception or representation of men or supernal beings under the form of animals, or of men or gods transformed into beasts; the attribution of human or divine qualities to beings of animal form; worship of the images of animals; zoötheism.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun rare The transformation of men into beasts.
- noun The quality of representing or using animal forms.
- noun The representation of God, or of gods, in the form, or with the attributes, of the lower animals.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun Alternative spelling of
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.