from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to Charles Dickens or, especially, his writings.
- adj. Reminiscent of the environments and situations most commonly portrayed in Dickens' writings, such as poverty and social injustice and other aspects of Victorian England.
- n. A reader or scholar of Charles Dickens.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to Charles Dickens, the novelist (1812–70), or to his writings or style: as, Dickensian characters.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or like the novels of Charles Dickens (especially with regard to poor social and economic conditions)
Dickens + -ian (Wiktionary)