from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- abbr. European currency unit
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The ISO 3166-1 three-letter (alpha-3) code for Ecuador.
- European Currency Unit
- Engine control unit
- Electronic control unit
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The shield carried by a mounted man-at-arms in the middle ages; especially, the triangular shield of no great length carried during the thirteenth and fourteenth centuries, and hung around the neck by the guige, so as to cover the left arm and left side.
- n. The name of several gold and silver coins current in France from the fourteenth century onward, having a shield as part of their type: in English usually rendered crown.
- n. A Scotch gold coin, also called crown, issued in the sixteenth century by James V. and by Mary, Queen of Scots. It was worth at the time of issue 20 shillings English.
- n. In France, a sum of money, formerly consisting of three francs, now generally of five francs.
- n. A vegetable tracing-paper, 15x20 inches.
Sorry, no etymologies found.