from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to Ethiopia or its peoples or cultures.
- adj. Of or relating to the zoogeographic region that includes Africa and most of Arabia.
- n. A native or inhabitant of Ethiopia.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person from Ethiopia or of Ethiopian descent.
- adj. Of, from, or pertaining to Ethiopia, the Ethiopian people or the Ethiopian culture.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or relating to Ethiopia or the Ethiopians.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In geography, relating to Ethiopia or to its inhabitants.
- n. A native or an inhabitant of Ethiopia, an ancient region of eastern Africa, south of Egypt, including modern Abyssinia.
- n. In an extended sense, an African in general; a negro. See Ethiop, 2.
- n. Also Æthiopian.
- In anthropology, relating to the negroid race which inhabits Africa (Blumenbach).
- In zoögeog., pertaining or belonging to the region constituted by the whole of Africa and Arabia south of the tropic of Cancer, together with Madagascar, Mauritius, Bourbon, Rodriguez, and the Seychelles.
- n. In anthropology, one of the Ethiopian race.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or characteristic of Ethiopia or its people or languages
- n. a native or inhabitant of Ethiopia
Ethiopia + -an (Wiktionary)