from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to Sardinia or its people, language, or culture.
- n. A native or inhabitant of Sardinia.
- n. The Romance language of the Sardinians.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. Romance language spoken in the Italian region of Sardinia.
- adj. Of, or relating to Sardinia or its people or culture.
- n. A person from Sardinia.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the island, kingdom, or people of Sardinia.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to Sardinia.
- n. A native or an inhabitant of the island of Sardinia, lying west of Italy; or the kingdom of Sardinia, constituted in 1720, and comprising as its principal parts Savoy, Piedmont, and the island of Sardinia: it was the nucleus of the modern kingdom of Italy.
- n. [lowercase] In mineralogy, the lead sulphate anglesite, which occurs abundantly in lead-mines in the island of Sardinia.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the Italian dialect spoken in Sardinia; sometimes considered a separate language with many loan words from Spanish
- adj. of or relating to or characteristic of Sardinia or its people or its language
- n. a native or inhabitant of Sardinia
Latin Sardinianus. (Wiktionary)