from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person from Austria or of Austrian descent.
- adj. Of, from, or pertaining to Austria, or its people.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Austria, or to its inhabitants.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the archduchy of Austria, or to the Cisleithan division of the dual Austro-Hungarian monarchy, or to the collective dominions of the house of Hapsburg.
- n. A native or an inhabitant of the archduchy of Austria, the nucleus of the Hapsburg dominions, comprising the crown lands of Upper and Lower Austria.
- n. A native or an inhabitant of the Cisleithan division of Austria-Hungary, which comprises all the crown lands of the dual empire except Hungary, Croatia with Slavonia, and Fiume.
- n. A native or an inhabitant of any part of the dominions of the house of Hapsburg, known since 1867 as Austria-Hungary.
- Southern; austral.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to Austria or its people or culture
- n. a native or inhabitant of Austria
From Austria + -an. (Wiktionary)