from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to Turkey or its peoples, languages, or cultures.
- n. Ottoman Turkish.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. The official language of Turkey and Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus.
- adj. Of, from, or pertaining to Turkey, the Turkish people or the Turkish language.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- Of or pertaining to Turkey or the Turks.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to Turkey or the Turks; characteristic of, made in, or derived from Turkey: as, Turkish misrule; Turkish rugs.
- n. The language of the Turks, a member of the Ural-Altaic family of languages, having several dialects, of which the literary language of the Ottoman Turks is the best-known. It is commonly written with the Arabic alphabet.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a Turkic language spoken by the Turks
- adj. of or relating to or characteristic of Turkey or its people or language
Sorry, no etymologies found.