from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person from Peru or of Peruvian descent.
- adj. Of, from, or pertaining to Peru or the Peruvian people.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Peru, in South America.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to Peru, an ancient realm in South America, under the Incas, later a Spanish viceroyalty, and now a republic, extending from Ecuador southward to Chili.
- n. A native or an inhabitant of Peru, either
- n. one of the native race under the Inca empire, or
- n. an inhabitant of Peru after the Spanish conquest. The modern Peruvians are of Spanish, native, or mixed descent.
- n. plural A name applied to cob-money (formless lumps of stamped bullion), from the fact that it was struck in Peru, although frequently in other colonies also.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or characteristic of Peru or its people
- n. a native or inhabitant of Peru
Sorry, no etymologies found.