from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to the Gaels or their culture or languages.
- n. Goidelic.
- n. Any of the Goidelic languages.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. Goidelic; any Goidelic language.
- proper n. Scottish Gaelic.
- adj. Of or relating to the Gaels, the Celtic peoples of Scotland, Ireland, and the Manx, or their languages.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the Gael, esp. to the Celtic Highlanders of Scotland.
- n. The language of the Gaels, esp. of the Highlanders of Scotland. It is a branch of the Celtic.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the Gaels, a Celtic race inhabiting the Highlands of Scotland: as, the Gaelic language.
- n. The language of the Celts inhabiting the Highlands of Scotland. See Gadhelic.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to or characteristic of the Celts
- n. any of several related languages of the Celts in Ireland and Scotland
From Gael + -ic (Wiktionary)