from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Italian in character: Italianate buildings.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Italian in style or character
- v. To Italianize
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To render Italian, or conformable to Italian customs; to Italianize.
- adj. Italianized; Italianated.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To render Italian or conformable to Italian principles or manners; Italianize.
- Italianized; having become like an Italian: applied especially to fantastic affectation of fashions borrowed from Italy.
Italian + -ate (Wiktionary)