from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A crystalline compound, C20H25N3O, derived from lysergic acid and used as a powerful hallucinogenic drug. Also called acid.
- abbr. least significant digit
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- Initialism of £sd. (pounds, shillings, pence)
- Initialism of lysergic acid diethylamide.
- Initialism of Lake Shore Drive. (It is a freeway in Chicago.)
- Initialism of Long Slow Distance. (It is a training method of long-distance running.)
- Initialism of Longshore Drift. ( It is the movement of sand down a beach in relation to wave direction.)
- Initialism of Longshore drift. (This is a geological process by which sediments move along a beach shore.)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. lysergic acid diethylamide, a powerful hallucinogenic drug.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a powerful hallucinogenic drug manufactured from lysergic acid
l(y)s(ergic acid) d(iethylamide).(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin libra solidus denarius. (Wiktionary)
Initialism from German Lysergsäurediethylamid. (Wiktionary)
Other initialisms. (Wiktionary)