from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Greek Mythology The god of blame and ridicule.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- proper n. The god of mockery and censure.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In classical mythology, a son of Night, the god of raillery and censure.
- n. In ornithology, a genus of humming-birds, of the family Trochilidæ, the type of which is M. idaliæ of Brazil.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. god of blame and mockery
Sorry, no etymologies found.