from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A member of the National Socialist German Workers' Party, founded in Germany in 1919 and brought to power in 1933 under Adolf Hitler.
- n. An adherent or advocate of policies characteristic of Nazism; a fascist.
- adj. Of, relating to, controlled by, or typical of the National Socialist German Workers' Party.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to the Nazi Party (NSDAP) specifically, or to Nazism, neo-Nazism, or neo-Nazis more generally.
- adj. Racist or anti-Semitic.
- adj. Totalitarian.
- n. A member of the National Socialist German Workers Party (Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei, commonly called the NSDAP or Nazi Party).
- n. One who subscribes to or advocates (neo-)Nazism or a similarly fascist, racist, or anti-Semitic ideology; a neo-Nazi.
- n. One who imposes one’s views on others; one who is considered unfairly oppressive or needlessly strict. (also frequently uncapitalised: nazi)
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to a form of socialism
- n. a German member of Adolf Hitler's political party
- adj. relating to or consistent with or typical of the ideology and practice of Nazism or the Nazis
- n. derogatory term for a person who is fanatically dedicated to, or seeks to control, some activity, practice, etc.
German, short for Nationalsozialistische deutsche Arbeiter-Partei, National Socialist German Workers' Party.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From German Nazi, a shortening of Nationalsozialist, since in German the Nati- in National is pronounced Nazi. (Wiktionary)