from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of central Florida east-northeast of Tampa. It is a trade and processing center with aerospace and electronics industries. Nearby Disney World has made the city a popular tourist area. Population: 220,000.
- Orlando, Vittorio Emanuele 1860-1952. Italian politician who served as prime minister of Italy (1917-1919) and was the Italian delegate at the Paris Peace Conference (1919-1920).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A male given name of Italian origin, equivalent to Roland.
- proper n. A surname derived from the given name.
- proper n. A city in Florida, see Wikipedia:Orlando, Florida.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a city in central Florida; site of Walt Disney World
Sorry, no etymologies found.