from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quarrelsome hook-nosed husband of Judy in the comic puppet show Punch and Judy.
- idiom pleased as Punch Highly pleased; gratified.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. Name of a glove puppet who was the main character used in a Punch and Judy show.
- proper n. Name of a famous satirical magazine
- proper n. Indicates a high level of professionalism because of being a past contributor to the magazine.
Short for Punchinello.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
This definition is lacking an etymology or has an incomplete etymology. You can help Wiktionary by giving it a proper etymology. (Wiktionary)