from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- abbr. Salvation Army
- abbr. seaman apprentice
- abbr. South Africa
- abbr. South America
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The ISO 3166-1 two-letter (alpha-2) code for Saudi Arabia.
- South Africa.
- Small arms.
- South America.
- South Australia, a state of Australia.
- Société Anonyme.
- Stage Accompany.
- abbr. North Sulawesi, a province of Indonesia.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- An obsolete or Scotch form of so.
- In heraldry, an abbreviation of sable.
- An abbreviation of Saturday.
- A chemical symbol for samarium: but Sm is more usual.
- n. An abbreviation of the French Son Altesse Royale, His Royal Highness
- n. of Sons of the American Revolution.
- n. An abbreviation of the Latin Societatis Antiquariorum Socius, Fellow of the Society of Antiquaries.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. Nazi militia created by Hitler in 1921 that helped him to power but was eclipsed by the SS after 1943
Sorry, no etymologies found.