from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The state or fact of being actual; reality. See Synonyms at existence.
- n. Actual conditions or facts. Often used in the plural.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the state of existing; existence
- n. the quality of being actual or factual; fact
- n. a short early motion picture
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state of being actual; reality.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being actual, as opposed to potentiality; existence, as opposed to ideality.
- n. That in which anything is realized.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the state of actually existing objectively
Sorry, no etymologies found.