from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The quality of being, or the degree to which a thing is, adhesive.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality of sticking or adhering; stickiness; tenacity of union.
- n. Propensity to form and maintain attachments to persons, and to promote social intercourse.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or quality of being adhesive, or of sticking or adhering; stickiness; tenacity. In phrenology, a mental faculty manifested in attachment to objects, animate or inanimate, lasting friendships, love of social intercourse, etc., supposed to be located in a special part of the brain. It is said to be strongest in women. See phrenology.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the property of sticking together (as of glue and wood) or the joining of surfaces of different composition
adhesive + -ness (Wiktionary)