from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Careful consideration: Your request will be taken under advisement.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Consideration or deliberation.
- n. Advice, counsel.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Counsel; advice; information.
- n. Consideration; deliberation; consultation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Counsel; advice.
- n. Deliberation; circumspection; consultation: now used chiefly in the phrase under advisement.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. careful consideration
Sorry, no etymologies found.