from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The office or station of a prelate.
- n. Prelates considered as a group. Also called prelature.
- n. Church government administrated by prelates.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the office of a prelate
- n. the prelature - prelates considered as a group
- n. a church government or organisation administered by prelates
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The office or dignity of a prelate; church government by prelates.
- n. The order of prelates, taken collectively; the body of ecclesiastical dignitaries.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The dignity or office of a prelate.
- n. The system of church government by prelates, as distinguished from one in which all the clergy are on an equality.
- n. The order or rank of prelates; the body of prelates taken collectively.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the office or station of a prelate
- n. prelates collectively
Sorry, no etymologies found.