from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The atmospheric glow that remains for a short time after sunset.
- n. The light emitted after removal of a source of energy, especially:
- n. The glow of an incandescent metal as it cools.
- n. The emission of light from a phosphor after removal of excitation.
- n. The comfortable feeling following a pleasant experience.
- n. A lingering impression of past glory or success.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the glow seen in the sky after sunset
- n. the light emitted by an incandescent object while cooling
- n. the light emitted by a phosphor after excitation
- n. the mildly euphoric feeling experienced after a pleasurable experience, especially after an orgasm or drug-induced high.
- n. an afterparty
From after- + glow (Wiktionary)