from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A disorder marked by loss of the ability to write.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A loss of the ability to write (usually referring to a brain injury)
- n. The inability to write
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The absence or loss of the power of expressing ideas by written signs. It is one form of aphasia.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A form of cerebral disorder in which there is a partial or total loss of the power of expressing ideas by written symbols.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a loss of the ability to write or to express thoughts in writing because of a brain lesion
a-1 + Greek graphein, to write; see gerbh- in Indo-European roots + -ia1.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)