from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to the fields; rural; unpolished.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to fields or the country, in opposition to the city; rural; rustic; unpolished; uncouth.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Rural; rustic; pertaining to fields or the country; unpolished.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. characteristic of the fields or country
- adj. (of behavior) rustic and uncouth
From Latin agrestis ("rustic, boorish, wild"), from ager ("a field, a farm") (Wiktionary)